Sunday 10 July 2016

Mission 2 - Daal & Roti - The Pakistani Style


“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”

 
Hi everyone, thanks for the overwhelming response to my first post. It has been a great motivation for me to keep the hunt for food going. This week I tried to look out for the favorite Indian food Daal and Roti but with a twist - The Pakistani way. I was curious to experience the taste from across the border. I chose to visit a famous and old joint in Meena Bazaar, Dubai - "Sheher Karachi".
 
Note: You get both veg & non-veg food over here.
 
The restaurant is located in main market, large seating capacity and decent crowd. The ambience is decent and prices are low. Though primarily a non veg restaurant, you can find some decent varieties of vegetarian dishes.
 
As soon as you are seated you are greeted with a complimentary salad and raita.



I wanted to order Daal Tadka but saw they had some other kind of Daal as "Daal Kadhai", therefore ordered that along with Roomali Roti and a Butter Naan.
 
The Daal was a beauty - hot and spicy, tadka with raw spices - It was something special. The best part it was directly served in Kadhai (old fashioned metallic pan ) much like a modern day sizzler. The quantity was sufficient for two people and it was less on gravy and more of daal.
 

 
 
I was about to recover from this pleasant surprise, then came a shocker. Mind it - For the one's who don't knew like me - The Pakistan Roti & Naan are huge..really huge. Expecting an India like size I had ordered a Naan & two Roomali Roi which in the end I was struggling to finish. However, the taste was awesome, perfectly cooked and melting in mouth. It was a treat.






Summing up it was a pleasant experience and the taste was memorable. My bill was just 12 Dirhams. So my pocket too din't hurt.

My Recommendation - It's a definite yes for this place. If you like spicy, this is your best bet. However, I won't suggest this place if you don't like to be high on spices and oil or prefer to dine in a strictly vegetarian restaurant.
 

For further details refer https://www.zomato.com/dubai/shehar-e-karachi-1-meena-bazaar/info

Please post your comments and suggestions.

 

Keep following the blog for more from the "Veggie Wanderer".


 

1 comment: