Thursday 28 July 2016

Mission 4 - Lets go the desi way - Parathey & Chole Bhatoore

“Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” -Alan D. Wolfelt
Indians are known for their love for oil, spices and butter. It is our desi way; many of us in India start our day with a paratha and have a special place for it in our hearts. The same goes for Choley Bhatoore - one of our favorite snacks/lunch/dinner - a meal for all times. After completing a month in Dubai, I decided to look out for my favorites parathey cooked on a tava (griddle) and bhatoore.
 
1. Paratha Express, Meena Bazaar, Dubai - My quest for food led me to this place in Meena Bazaar in front of Dubai Museum. As the name said - I expected this place to be having different varieties of parathas and indeed they had. The place is a mid sized, decent budget restaurant with some seating outside and some inside. The owner was very kind in suggesting me to try Aloo Cheese Paratha which I happily ordered. Trust me, It was one of the best cheese parathas I have ever had - A perfect mix of cheese, potato and crispiness. Furthermore, each paratha is cooked on a griddle and comes with a cube of butter on top and thick tasty bowl of Yoghurt. It was large in size too! I could not resist my temptation and then ordered a Koki Paratha - A sindhi flaky paratha with crisp outside and soft layers inside filled with onion, green chillis and coriander seeds. I was having it for the first time and it was delicious. My food was just 15 Dhs and made me nostalgic. The owner recommended me to try Methi Pyaz Paratha which was not possible for me at that point of time but I will definitely come again to munch it. 
https://www.zomato.com/dubai/paratha-express-meena-bazaar

Aloo Cheese Paratha
 
Koki

 
2. Shamiana, Mall of Emirates, Dubai This chain of restaurants is present in Dubai Mall, Mall of Emirates and other major malls. This joint has offers very good Indian food. It has a full range of food starting from snacks to meals. I ordered a Choley Bhatoore and Onion Bhajia. The bhatoora was really good - just like any good one in India. Choley were delicious served along with Salad. The Onion Bhajiya was the perfect side dish. The bhatoore was 20 Dhs and a bhajiya plate costed 4 Dhs. The malls are always a good place to be in Dubai - do hangout at this place whenever you are around!
https://www.zomato.com/dubai/shamiana-downtown-Dubai

Choley Bhatoore
 
Onion Bhajiya




 Dubai has a lot to offer to the food lovers, will keep exploring and looking forward to many more tasty memories.
 
 
Please post your comments and suggestions.
 

Keep following the blog for more from the "Veggie Wanderer".


1 comment: